|It was on 18th February, 1921 that the farm and land was sold by Sir W.A.Waller to Edward McGregor.
It was after seeing people bowling in the Leamington Parks that Mr McGregor thought it would be a good idea to have some local recreation facilities and it was not too long before Lillington Bowling and Tennis Club was formed.
The first meeting of the club was held on 27th March 1930 and Mr R. McGregor was elected President (a position held until 1972),
A decision was made to publicise the newly formed bowling and tennis club in the Leamington Courier stating that the club would be open on 1st May 1930 and anyone interested in membership should apply to the founders not later than 10th April of that year. Much to the committee’s delight sixty people applied for membership and the club duly opened on the 1st May 1930 as planned, with three grass tennis courts and six bowling rinks.
| The Clubs 75th Anniversary Booklet
For those of you interested in a more detailed history of the club (1930 – 2005), the 75th Anniversary booklet has been scanned and is now available to view at:- Clubs 75th Anniversary Booklet
1935 – Club joined the Warwickshire Bowling Association