|The following Bowls Etiquette should be adopted by our Members :-|
1. Be conversant with the laws of the sport and observe them.
2. Accept the decision of the umpire, which is final.
3. Be punctual to commence play at all matches and come to each game correctly attired.
4. Keep quiet and refrain from moving when players are on the mat.
5. Always stand still at the head when a player is about to bowl – movement at the head or talking at the mat end is very distracting.
6. When changing ends, do not walk through the head.
7. Never deliver your bowl before the previous bowl has come to rest.
8. Keep track of play: be ready to bowl when it is your turn.
9. Every player at the mat end should assist in collecting bowls when the end is completed.
10. Respect the green surface at all times. DO NOT SIT ON THE BANK.
11. Always inform your opponent if you wish to leave the green.
12. Win or lose, always shake hands with your opponent and thank them for the game.
13. When measuring the Number 2 or 3 (triples / Rinks) are responsible for the scoring. All other players should leave the head.
14. When playing singles, whether you have won or lost, be sure to thank the marker.
15. Learn to be a good marker. When offering your services, remember a marker can make or break a game.
16. Enjoy the game of bowls for its pleasure and the lasting friendship it provides.
17. The Club operates a NO SMOKING POLICY